Floral Shop Manager reports to CEO
The Blue Daisy Floral Designs believes that flowers can change the world. As a team, our goal is to create not only beautiful flowers but beautiful experiences for our clients. That could be for a couple getting married, a family planning a celebration, or someone sending a birthday bouquet to their best friend. Our job is to make flowers easy and enjoyable so that their natural beauty can make a positive impact. We are called The Blue Daisy Floral Designs as a reminder of a dream to change the world. To make a difference. Flowers have the power to do that. And so do we, in our own little way.
Another part of our mission to change the world in our own little way is to provide job opportunities that also allow for work/life balance. We understand that there are important things outside of work, and while we love what we do, we also want to be able to take care of those we love and ourselves. We have a strong team environment that shares responsibilities and collaborates across departments to support one another in this mission.
We are looking for a manager to help foster and grow the new retail division of our company and support our current wedding work load. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales, design, and delivery staffing to carry out daily retail floral arrangements, as well as client acquisition, onboarding, and design for small events (as determined by price point). We are looking for someone to grow and grow with our company. If you are creative, analytical, and driven by proven success, we encourage you to submit your resumé, cover letter, and portfolio today. This position requires prior flower shop experience.
• Create on-brand floral arrangements for retail and small event orders
• Conduct phone consultations, create proposals, and maintain client process for small
events, as well as retail customer service
• Maintaining floral purchasing process for retail and small events
• Establish and maintain relationships with wholesalers/local flower farms
• Submit staffing requests & scheduling for deliveries when needed
• Maintain fresh inventory, order, and cleanliness of flower shop
• Supervise and collaborate with other designers to ensure quality and brand maintenance
• Establish best practices for retail and small event management
• Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop content calendars, drive sales, and
ensure accuracy of links and outward facing information
• Manage controllable costs to keep retail and small event division profitable.
• Provide cost analysis and sales growth reports monthly
• 3 years + of floral shop design experience
• Well-versed in color theory, design style, and basic floral design mechanics
• 2+ years experience in customer service and sales
• Good computer skills (POS system, email, and able to learn our estimating software
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of organization and time management
• Enjoys working in a multifaceted role that spans from design-heavy to sales and sales
• Able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift 30-40#
• Starting at 20-24 hrs/week but can grow to full time as division grows. Willing to hire Full Time for the right candidate
• Wednesday-Friday + some Saturdays as needed
• Extra hours may be required around floral holidays
• $17+/hr depending on experience
Submit resume, cover letter, and design portfolio to:
© 2023 The Blue Daisy Floral Designs | Web Design by: Three Ring Focus