The Lead Designer & Director of Retail Operations reports to CEO
Our 11-year-old flower studio is looking for a retail director of operations and a
small event lead to help foster and grow the new retail division of our company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales, design, and staffing to
carry out daily retail floral arrangements, as well as client acquisition, onboarding,
and design for small events (as determined by price point). We are looking for
someone to grow and grow with our company. If you are creative, analytical, and
driven by proven success, we encourage you to submit your resumé, cover letter,
and portfolio today.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reports to CEO
• As lead designer for this division, create on-brand floral arrangements for retail
and small event orders
• Conduct phone consultations, create proposals, and maintain client process for
small events, as well as retail customer service.
• Maintaining floral purchasing process for retail and small events
• Establish and maintain relationships with wholesalers/local flower farms
• Submit staffing requests & scheduling for deliveries when needed
• Responsible for maintenance of inventory, order, and cleanliness of flower
• Supervise other designers/freelancers under this division to ensure quality and
• Establish best practices for retail and small event management
• Monitor pages, links, and updates for retail websites, updating as
• Establish marketing schedules and collaborate with social media manager
and in house photographer for holidays and promotions to increase sales
• Manage controllable costs to keep retail and small event division profitable
• Provides cost analysis, and sales growth reports monthly.
• 2 years + of floral design experience preferred but not necessary.
• Well-versed in color theory, design principles
• 2+ years experience in customer service and sales
• Good computer skills (POS system, email, and able to learn our estimating
• Working knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of organization and time management
• Enjoys working in a a multifaceted role that spans from design-heavy to
sales and sales analysis
• Able to bend, kneel, squat, reach and stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift 30-40#
• Starting at 20-24 hrs/week but can grow to full time as division grows. Willing to hire Full Time for the right candidate.
• Wednesday-Friday + some Saturdays as needed
• Extra hours may be required around floral holidays
• $17+/hr depending on experience
Submit resume, cover letter and design portfolio to:
© 2022 The Blue Daisy Floral Designs | Web Design by: Three Ring Focus